Is your Charleston SC house in foreclosure right now? The SC foreclosure process can make many people feel like they are being crushed under the weight of that burndensome house. Many people going through foreclosure start to wonder if they can even sell their house in time before the foreclosure auction. In short, yes you can…..usually. Even though you can sell your property prior to foreclosure, it’s a little more complicated and time is your enemy. However, the sooner you get started, the more likely you will be able to sell.
Selling Your Charleston House In Foreclosure – How it works
We talked to and helped lots of Charleston folks who have faced foreclosure in the past few years. Since the changes in the economy, many banks have been changing the way that they deal with foreclosures. Remember, the bank that has your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. They are not in the real estate business. The bank stands to make the most amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, dealing with your mortgage lender during any part of the foreclosure process can be a huge pain. After many years of working with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we’ve learned a few tricks that will help you.
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but don’t be annoying). Call with updates and show them what you’re doing to get your property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, call with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly dramatic, but explaining your situation and demonstrating your willingness to fix the problems to make it right goes a long way.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the less options are available to you.
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around Charleston and the whole state of SC get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In certain circumstances we can negotiate directly with the bank to reduce the amount you owe and (sometimes) even help you walk away from your property with cash.
If you need to sell a property near Charleston, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.