Are you facing a foreclosure on your Charleston, SC house and are hoping to avoid it? Do you need to sell your Charleston house fast? Maybe you inherited a house or maybe you are relocating for a job or lost your job and need to sell fast. There are several reasons you may need to sell your house faster than an agent can get it done for you. If that’s the case, probably one of the best options to consider is to find a local, well-established and experienced Charleston real estate investor who can buy your Charleston, SC house for cash.
By doing this, you will not only profit by improving your credit rating but also get extra money into your account. Your credit score, which is an important aspect of your financial life, will be less damaged since you will settle your debt in time, and you can use the extra cash from your sale for other things you need. However, you have to study the market conditions such as location, size and the condition of the home to include whether it has been recently updated like a new buyer might expect. That is, find out factors that are likely to influence the value of your home… before getting ready to sell it. Remember, when your house is foreclosed, you lose your property as well as your credit rating will be devastated for years.
Buy my Charleston, SC house for cash: The Plan
The first step that you need to take in order to sell your Charleston house fast to someone else with a “buy my Charleston, SC house for cash” mentality, is to come up with a game plan.
Your real estate agent should help you come up with this. Be sure to negotiate with your lender as you contact an agent who is well informed regarding the sale of such properties in your area. The agent should have the latest report on property values in order to help you quote the right price for your house.
1. How fast do you need to sell?
This is one of the most important first decisions you need to make… because this really dictates what options you really have. If you have more time… you have more options open to you.
If you have less time… your options are a bit fewer… but you still have great options out there.
If you need to sell in less than 2 months (or even less time than that), you probably don’t have the time to list your house with an agent. You’ll likely have to try to sell the house yourself (if you know how to) or sell your house to a local professional house buyer like Charleston Home Buyers (or you can call us at (843) 722-8937 and we can make you a fast-fair all-cash offer on your Charleston area house).
2. How much do you need to sell your Charleston house for?
Note that above it says “how much do you need” to sell for. If you’d like to sell your house for full retail… but you have to sell your house fast and can’t afford to list it with a real estate agent… determine what you need to get out of your house sale.
That’ll help guide you to your true options for selling.
If the price you “need” to get doesn’t leave room for a real estate agents commission… you may need to look at selling the house FSBO or getting an offer from a local Charleston real estate house buying company like us… to see if that gets you closer to where you need to end up.
On the flip side… if you need near full-retail value and you can wait it out for a retail buyer to come along who can pay that price… list your house on the MLS. If you don’t have the time… consider talking to us for a fast cash offer on your house (we can make you an offer in less than 24 hours and close in as little as 7 days if you need to, with all cash).
3. Look into your options and take action!
Like I mentioned above, if you’re looking for someone who can say “yes”! when you ask them to “buy my Charleston, SC house for cash”… the main things you need to determine yourself are:
- How fast you NEED to sell
- How much you NEED to get out of the sale
Once you know those… look at your options below as a quick guide to help you decide which options may work for you with your local Charleston house sale.
- Real Estate Agent: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell and can afford to pay 6% in commissions on the sale, going with an agent will likely get you your highest price on your property. However, you may have to deal with multiple people walking through the house that will want you to make repairs and they may not even actually qualify for financing in the end.
- Local Real Estate Investor / House Buyer: If you need to sell fast, we can buy your Charleston house in as little as 7 days. We won’t be able to pay full-retail on your house… but we don’t charge any fees at all. What we offer you is what we pay you. If you value your time and a quick sale more than making a few extra bucks 6 months from now… call us today at (843) 722-8937 or click the link below to fill out our online fast offer form.
- For Sale By Owner: If you can wait 3-6 months to sell but can’t afford the 3-4% in commissions to an agent, you may want to try to sell it yourself. This is usually the most difficult way to sell and you will want to ask whether your time and the headaches to save part of a commission is really worth it. If you have sold multiple properties over your lifetime by yourself and are comfortable handling the details without guidance, this is a valid option.
- Talk To Your Bank: If your mortgage is “underwater” or you’re in or nearing foreclosure… your first step may be to talk to your bank to see if they have any mortgage relief programs. Some banks offer assistance or can at least guide you in a direction to lessen the burden. If they suggest a Short Sale, we can help!
We can help you strategize how to sell your Charleston SC house fast. Give us a call at (843) 722-8937 for help selling your house fast, or fill out our form to see if your property qualifies for a fast-fair all cash offer.
There are several reasons why you may be thinking “buy my Charleston SC house for cash – please let it be that simple” (and it can be). Regardless of your reasons, you need to prepare your house for sale just as you would any other product. A thoughtful preparation WILL turn your home into an attractive option for buyers. Doing it this way, you can sell your house fast and get top dollar.